Traditional metal braces were a rite of passage for generations of Americans because at the time they were the best way to correct many dental and orthodontic issues. However, times have changed and dental techniques have evolved. There are options beyond metal braces which offer many additional advantages over their traditional counterparts. In particular, Invisalign clear aligners are a revolutionary approach to orthodontics, providing many of the strengths of traditional metal braces with some advantages of their own.
So what makes Invisalign so great? Let’s take a look . . .
- Invisalign clear aligners have better aesthetics than traditional braces—simply put, they’re better looking. This is especially important for patients who want to straighten their teeth without an impact on their professional appearance. With Invisalign, you can straighten your teeth discreetly without worry about how it looks to the rest of the world.
- Metal braces typically offer some level of discomfort, by contrast, Invisalign treatments are far more comfortable for most patients. In addition to being smoother and easier on the lips and inside of the cheeks than metal braces, Invisalign treatments also adjust teeth more gradually. This puts less pressure on the teeth and jaws and makes for a much more comfortable patient experience.
- Invisalign treatments are easier to maintain than traditional braces. Cleaning them is a snap—just use warm water, toothpaste, and your toothbrush to clean them after each meal. And speaking of eating, Invisalign makes that easier as well. Traditional metal braces come with a list of dietary restrictions. Because you can remove Invisalign aligners before eating, you can continue to enjoy all your favorite foods during your treatment.
- When it comes to traditional metal braces, treatment is more involved and time-consuming. Traditional metal braces take longer to adjust the position of the teeth, and they require regular office visits and frequent adjustments. Invisalign treatments deliver faster results when compared to traditional metal braces. They require fewer office visits for adjustments due to the way that Invisalign works. You’ll be given a set of aligners, and every two weeks you move to the next set. It’s quicker and easier, requires fewer office visits, and gives you more control over your own treatment.
- Traditional metal braces are effective treatments, but Invisalign aligners are often healthier for your teeth. Traditional metal braces can complicate oral hygiene, leading to gum infections, receding gums, root absorption, demineralization, and other potentially serious complications. Invisalign’s removable treatments make it easy to maintain a regular brushing and flossing routine, avoiding potential problems before they even start.
For patients looking for a discreet, speedy way to straighten their teeth, Invisalign is an important option to consider. While Invisalign is great for many patients, only your dentist can tell you if it’s the right choice for you. At BlueWave Dentistry, our dedication to delivering high-quality patient care tailored to the individual needs and goals of each patient. So whether you’re curious about Invisalign or just in need of a routine exam and cleaning, get in touch today and make an appointment. You may be glad that you did!